Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog 5

For this blog I decided to watch the Vice Presidential debate. I missed this on tv so I watched the video of it on youtube. I believe that the purpose of both of the candidates was to inform people of their stance towards the bigger issues and show the difference between the two parties stance. The purpose was also to persuade the views to vote for the speaker's party. The speaker's purpose was also to motivate the viewers to support each speaker's party and spread the word and get more support for the party. I believe that these purposes were actually accomplished. Both of the candidates had good points and debated very well. They stayed away from personal attacks and focused on the issues. I believe that anyone watching the debate who was unsure of who to vote for would definitely have been swayed to supporting one of the parties, as to who did this the best I couldn't tell. I believe that both candidates did a fantastic job and deserve the support of the people watching. I feel that Governor Biden presented himself as more of an authority instructing with a hint of a peer sharing information while Senator Pallin presented herself as more of a peer sharing information with hints at being an authority every now and then. Both of the candidates had great eye contact, not being able to speak from a prepared script but reacting to the question and the opponent's response. The audience had a couple of reactions, but they were instructed from the beginning to not react at all so the audience reaction was kinda of misleading. The candidates usually finished in the allotted time but both were cut off a couple times in the middle of a point, so both could have used a little more time management but did a great job regardless. I believe that both candidates were very appropriate for the audience. They both used very profession language and were mostly formal with enough informality mixed it that it made both candidates very understandable while not taking away from their credibility.

No comments: